How to glue a puzzle together

Lately, I've been really fascinated with puzzles. Some of the pictures are really pretty. I've always loved paintings but they can get expensive. So, I thought of an alternative. Why not buy some pretty puzzles and glue them together and them frame it to make my own little "painting" type thing? I thought it was a really cool idea. Its fairly inexpensive. All you need to do this project is:

A puzzle, frame, wax paper, glue.

That's basically all you need. Instead of buying expensive puzzles, I just go to my local Goodwill store. They have tons of puzzles, some are really pretty too. The only thing about buying it from Goodwill is that you don't know if its complete. I've bought 6 puzzles so far. Some of them weren't complete. Luckily, Goodwill will take exchanges within 7 days. So, the ones that weren't complete I just took back and traded with a new one. Pretty cool, huh? Well, I haven't gotten around to actually gluing together my puzzles yet. Mainly because I wouldn't have a place to put the puzzles once they are completed. I don't want to frame them yet. I still live with my parents and I plan on moving to Georgia (right now I live in Washington) in January. I will only be traveling with my car, my fiance, and some boxes. Other important boxes I will ship. But I definitely won't have any space for a glued puzzle in a picture frame. But I will bring my puzzles in their boxes so I can put them together when we get to Georgia, and then I will glue and frame them.

So, I still wanted to show you guys how to glue a puzzle together. I did a little research and I found this cool video on YouTube. The music is a little dramatic but the video is really helpful.




How did you like the video? Let me know what you guys think!

1 comment:

nettagyrl said...

Hi! This is an interesting concept, just wish I had patience! =D

BTW I've got something for you on my blog.

http://zestynachos.blogspot.com/2009/10/wow-two-more-blog-awards.html